A pre-peer reviewed version of the following article: Bartz-Beielstein, T. and Branke, J. and Mehnen, J. and Mersmann, O.: Evolutionary Algorithms. WIREs Data Mining Knowl Discov 2014, 4:178- 195. doi:10.1002/widm.1124 is available for download at Cologne Open Science: http://opus.bsz-bw.de/fhk/volltexte/2015/77/
Johannes Siebert reports that the new issue of the International Society on
Multiple Criteria Decision Making Newsletter is published. You can find the newsletter on http://mcdmsociety.org/MCDMNews/.
Prof. Bartz-Beielstein accepted the invitation to become a member of the programme committee of the Continuous Optimization (CO) track of the 2015 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO-2015). Continue reading
The 11th edition of the International Conference on Evolutionary and Deterministic Methods for Design, Optimization and Control with Applications to Industrial and Societal Problems, EUROGEN-2015, will be held at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow (UK), 14-16 September, 2015.
Prof. Bartz-Beielstein accepted the invitation to serve as a Technical Advisory Panel member. Continue reading
Prof. Dr. Bartz-Beielstein accepted the invitation to serve as a reviewer for the 2015 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (IEEE CEC2015) which will take place in Sendai, Japan.
The annual IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation is one of the leading events in the area of evolutionary computation. It covers all topics in evolutionary computation.
Pier Luca Lanzi announces that the new issue of SIGEVOlution is now available for you to download from
The issue features:
* Rule-Based Machine Learning by Ryan J. Urbanowicz
* Racing Line Optimization by Ricky Vesel
* K-Expressions Visualization by Alwyn V. Husselmann
* Women @ GECCO Workshop by Carola Doerr & Gabriela Ochoa
* 2014 Symposium on Search-Based Software Engineering by Nadia Alshahwan
* New Theses
* Calls and Calendar
The deadline of EvoCOP 2015 – The 15th European Conference on
Evolutionary Computation in Combinatorial Optimisation
is approaching: 15. November 2014.
Prof. Bartz-Beielstein is invited to join the EvoCOP Programme Committee. EvoCOP 2015 is part of Evo* 2015 (http://www.evostar.org) including: EuroGP, EvoCOP, EvoMUSART and EvoApplications. Continue reading
The new EC digest has been released. It includes the following topics:
- Post-doc RA position at University of Manchester, UK
- Research/Teaching postdoc in neuroevolution, UT Austin
- 23 October: [LION 2015] Extended Deadline
- 04 November: GECCO 2015 Papers
- 05 November: GECCO 2015 Tutorial Proposals
- 15 November: Evo* (and tracks)
- 19 December: NIDISC’15 (Workshop on Nature Inspired Digital Computing)
- 06 February, 2015: MIC 2015 (Metaheuristics International Conference) Continue reading
The GECCO 2015 Program Committee invites the submission of technical papers describing your best work in genetic and evolutionary computation. Abstracts need to be submitted by January 21st, 2015. Full papers are due by the *NON-EXTENSIBLE* deadline of February 4th, 2015. Detailed submission instructions can be found at
http://www.sigevo.org/gecco-2015. Continue reading